Rafting New Zealand
Tongariro Rafting Adventures visit https://www.raftingnewzealand.co.nz/tongariro-white-water/
TONGARIRO RIVER RAFTING ADVENTURES, AT THEIR BEST!
TONGARIRO WHITE WATER RAFTING
Experience White Water Rafting on the Tongariro River with Grade 3 white water action! When taking part in our Tongariro river rafting adventure you’ll raft over 60 exciting Rapids, travel 14kms, raft through a beautiful volcanic gorge, and fuel up with on-river hot chocolate and snacks. You’ll even get the chance to explore a hidden waterfall (jump optional, weather permitting).
All these features make Tongaririo river rafting our most popular adventure. Afterwards, enjoy a hot solar powered shower before refueling with your complimentary “River Dog” (hot dog) accompanied by a cold beer/soda or hot mulled wine, while viewing your trip photos that capture the thrill of Tongariro white water rafting.
Allow 4 hours base to base – with 2 – 2.5 hours spent on the river. White Water Rafting on the Tongariro River is achievable for most people and is regarded by many as New Zealand’s must-do half day rafting adventure!
- 2 – 2.5 hours on the river (4 hours base to base)
- All on-river apparel and Rafting Equipment
- Full safety briefing
- 14kms (8miles) of 60+ rapids
- On-River hot chocolate and chocolate snacks
- Solar powered hot showers and heated changing rooms
- Beer for adults, soda for children and River Dog (hot dog) provided for everyone.
- Summer (Nov – Mid-Apr) 9am and 2pm Daily
- Winter (Mid-Apr – Oct) 12 noon Daily
- Available from Taupo, Turangi, National Park and Ohakune – Call for details
- 13+ Years (10+ if accompanied 1:1 by an adult)
(clients to arrive half an hour before their designated trip time)
Want to bring your Go-Pro? – We are Go Pro friendly and an official Go-Pro retailer so if you want to purchase a camera and/or need an attachment then you can sort and purchase at either of our stores. For safety reasons Go-Pro or similar cameras are allowed on the river if attached to a wrist or chest harness mount. Note: we do not allow head mounts as they have caused injuries to other passengers in the past.
We also provide a professional photography and video service – products are available for purchase upon booking.